Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Custom report showing who approved a change.

Jordan Paris July 11, 2017

Hi, we are evaluating JIRA Service Desk. One thing we are definitely looking for is being able to create and export a report of a list of the tickets (change requests) that have been approved, and display who approved it. Seems like we can't edit columns in the service desk reports to show this information.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2017

Jordan, 

when you say export a report I assume you are exporting to CSV or similar? You can certain easily create a report (filter) of approved - Approvals = approved() - issues and include the approvals column.

Once you export you can do what you want w/ heading labels, etc.

Yes a CSV would be fine. I created a new Report under the service desk, went to Add Series (Created and also tried Resolved) and then I changed the type from Basic to Advanced and put in: "approvals = approved()."

This gave me almost what I wanted, but the resulting graph and ticket information it pulled, I didn't see a way to add a column to show me who the approver was without going into the issue/ticket.approvals.png

I believe I've figured it out. I wasn't sure what you meant by filter, but then I discovered you can do this type of reporting in the search bar/filter.

So I believe my question is answered in regards to this certain case.

Thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2017

Jordan,

sorry for the delay getting back I was tied up on some work stuff but it looks like you figured it so thumbs up on that! 

Best of luck and welcome to the community!

Dana Grahf August 15, 2019

I am trying to run the same report - my issue is that I have multiple approvers listed but only need approval by one.  When I run the report and list "Approvers" it shows all approvers not just the person that approved the ticket.

Reiss Snooks September 21, 2020

@Dana Grahf Did you ever come up with a solution? We have an issue where we have a CAB of around 8 people but it only ever seems to be the same 3 people approving them. I want to encourage ownership more and show who the "slackers" are.

Mankaran Singh November 30, 2020

Hey @Dana Grahf  @Reiss Snooks 

Any luck with finding a solution? Am in the same boat and trying to capture the one approver who approved. As its a system field and not a custom field it doesn't show up when extracting issues data through filters...

Prasad Shiraskar July 7, 2021

Hey @Jordan Paris Could you please help me with the query you used to show the name of the user who approved the requests?

- Prasad S.

0 votes
Prasad Shiraskar July 7, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey Could you please help me with the query to show the name of the user who approved the requests?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

To be honest I don’t know of a means of accomplishing that. I haven’t really spent much time attempting this but to the best of my knowledge I am unsure that is possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events