Copying Avatars over to new JIRA instance

tipyn June 20, 2014

I've created a new JIRA instance, copied over the avatars folder and re-indexed the instance several times. I have cleared my browser cache several times, restarted JIRA and also rebooted the server several times. I still don't see the avatars appear on the new instance. I've made sure all permissions are recursively the same as the original JIRA instance. No change.

Please help? :)

3 answers

0 votes
tipyn June 26, 2014

Hi Danilo,

Thanks - that's what was wrong. The database I'm using is a fresh database - I thought I could copy the avatars over on their own and it would work but sadly not.

Cheers for your help.

Luca

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2014

Hi Luca,

Just so we can better understand the problem - Did you algo migrate your JIRA data (XML Backup) from the instance which was previously using the avatars to the target new instance?

That is because the avatars information is also stored in the DB (see this link), and unless the information about the avatars is there, moving the avatars folder will not make JIRA automatically identify the files in there.

Cheers,

Danilo

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2014

Hey Luca, just to be doubly sure here, but when you copied over the avatars folder to the new instance, it was copied into the "<JIRA HOME>/data" folder right? The avatars folder should be within the data folder.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events