Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect JIRA ServiceDesk and JIRA Software

Torsten Lenk January 20, 2016

We are a software team using JIRA 6.x / Confluence / Bitbucket / HipChat on site. Now we want to add JIRA ServiceDesk for Software tickets and Infrastructure tickets. What is the best setup?

I don't really like the idea of having two JIRA instances trying to synchronize tickets between JIRA Software and JIRA ServiceDesk.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2016

Although JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Software are now applications rather than add-ons, they can still be installed on the same base.

I assume you have JIRA Software installed already - log in as an admin, go to "manage applications" and add Service Desk.

Abdelali Boumalek November 20, 2017

Hello,

For me it's new to install Jira, I installed now Jira SW but I want also install Servicedesk and integrate them in Jira SW server as I find it anymore on the Addons. Should I install it separately?  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2017

No, go to "manage applications" in the admin interface and add the Service Desk in there.  You have closer integration when you're using SD and Software running in the same Jira Core.

Like Branden Miars likes this
Abdelali Boumalek November 20, 2017

Thanks

4 votes
Proyectos Compartidos June 12, 2018

Hi Everyone!

I have two instances separate, a jira software and jira service desk,they are communicated when they are configured in the option "link to applications", but I need to create an automation in Jira Service Desk that allows from a state determinate to create a ticket in a Jira Software project, how can I do it?

Thanks

Milena Gonzalez

0 votes
Upasna_Bassi October 12, 2018

Is it possible to add jira software over a pre-existing version of jira service desk?

Prashant Hiremath July 1, 2019

Yes, we can add JSW over pre-existing JSD or vice. versa

0 votes
Bruno Walraven January 22, 2016

Can we have the Service Desk added to JIRA Software, but hosted in a different server? Or even use the cloud based version for the Service Desk.

The reason for this requirement is that we only use JIRA Software internally, so our internal server is fine, but JIRA Service Desk would require external access and we would like to have it hosted in a different server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2016

Yes, you can run JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk on two different servers.

They will, of course, have completely separate data sets, so if you want them to share any data, you'll need to find/write a system to get them to talk to each other

ayman qaddoura November 8, 2016

Hi ,

I have the same case and i want to install JIRA service desk on different server , can you please explain the below point  how can i allow them to communicate to each other ? 

"you'll need to find/write a system to get them to talk to each other"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2016

I don't really know how I can explain more.

You have JIRA-1 on server 1.  You have JIRA-2 on server 2.  You add Service Desk to JIRA-2

JIRA-1 and JIRA-2 are separate independent systems.  If you want them to communicate with each other, decide on what you want them to exchange, and then find or write something to do it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events