Component field in Issues

Luis Hernandez August 16, 2018

I added components to my project and according to the tutorial I should see a component field in the issues to tag them, but I'm not able to see it.

Is there anything additional that I should do to get this field for issues?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

@Luis Hernandez, you need to ensure you have added the field Components to the screen and you need to understand that if a field is currently empty it will not be displayed on the view issue screen. With that said try the following:

1. in the view issue screen click Edit
  2. look for Components if it is there enter the component and save.
  3. if it is not there in the upper right of the edit screen click Configure Fields
  4. if you see Components click the box beside it and then go back to #1
  5. if you do not see Components in the list click Where is my field, enter Components and follow the instructions

hope this helps

Thank you. Still I can't locate the "where is my field" button. Where can I find it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

It's on the menu that pops up when you click "configure fields"

if that options does not appear when I open "configure fields what can be happening? Permission problems?

Thanks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2018

you just need to add the field to the appropriate screen. You can add to the create screen and/or the edit screen. project > project settings > screens. find the appropriate screen and edit to add the field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events