Communication update SLA

Bhawtosh Jani June 19, 2019

Hi Team:

I will start listing down our requirement so it will be clear what we need

Background and Requirement:

We are using Jira ServiceDesk Server (hosted on-premise)- right now using starter license to evaluate/setup  when we will implement in Production - we will buy license accordingly 

I have first response SLA (1 hour) in the place where I am using -- "Comment: For Customers"  as a parameter to stop the counter, after that I have to implement below SLA

Communication update SLA for different severity 

e.g. sev 1 - every 4 hours, Sev 2 - every 8 hours and so forth

when an agent responds to the ticket - I need that counter to be reset and start counting again for the next 4 hours or 8 hours according to the severity.

I am OK to use any parameter like "Comments: for customers" or "status change" or anything workable solution

so logic is simple but I have a hard time configuring this in JIRA servicedesk server, I tried a couple of things using comments, etc.. but not working as expected, your expert advise is highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Bhawtosh Jani.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2019

Hi Bhawtosh,

I see that you are looking to configure some SLAs in Service Desk that could have to repeat multiple times for an issue.  While the guide in Setting up SLAs can be a good starting guide for using SLAs in Service Desk, it does have a little snippet link that highlights the need for these multiple cycle SLAs and links over to Example: creating an SLA with multiple cycles.

This is very similar to the way that Atlassian uses this in our select, standard, and premier support offerings.  In this setup the workflow will tend to have a "Waiting on customer" and "Waiting on support" statuses that the service request will be transitioned between upon each reply.  In this setup, you can create a similar time to respond SLA like that example one:

But in your case, the JQL could be something like

issuetype="service request" AND severity="1"

With a goal of 4 hrs, while

issuetype="service request" AND severity="2"

would have a goal of 8hrs, and so on.

Provided your workflow follows this kind of two basic in progress statuses that happen when customer or agents respond to the issue, then this should work to fulfill your requirements here.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events