Closing issue on customer portal with comment, Reopen the issue - in clash with reopen automation

As per the show transitions on the customer portal, we have added the "Resolve" transition to the portal. So the customer can close his/her own issue. 

We also have an automation rule to reopen a closed ticket, when only a customer comments in it.

The problem now we have is, when the customer via portal resolves the issue with a comment in the resolveissue dialog box, the issues is closed but again reopened because of the automation rule.

How to handle this, any condition that can be added to the rule?

1 answer

In the automation rule setting, what does your condition (IF) looks like?

We're facing the same issue. "WHEN" says "Comment is added to an issue", "IF" says "status = "Waiting for Customer to Close"" AND "user is not an agent".

It is meant to trigger reopening if a customer adds a comment after we resolved the issue. But it also triggers when the issue was transitioned to the status "Waiting for Customer to Close" by the customer and the portal requesting a comment. So the customer resolves the issue and adding a comment at the same time. But JIRA seems to do two separate steps - one is transitioning and the other one is commenting afterwards. Hence issue is resolved an reopend again by automation rule.

Is there anything we can do?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published 2 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

20 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot