Clone Issue to another project Service Desk automatically

James Parkin June 14, 2017

Hi all,

Have a good one here.

We have a team that do not look at any of the service desk projects.  However some of the requests that can be made through the customer portal need to be dealt with by them.

Is there a way to automate this? Whether through the service desk automation directly, or by getting the automation to transition within the workflow to a post function/trigger which will clone the ticket in to the project.

Your help is greatly appreciated

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2017

James, if you are using Server version there are plugins for this, e.g. Create on Transition. There are a few previous threads w/in the Community that discuss this topic that might leave you with some ideas.

I assume you are wanting to clone the JSD issue into a JSW project where the "team" has access. It seems like you want to use JSD as an automated passthru w/o any human interactions. A couple of semi-automatic means: have some team that does operate within JSD actually use the Create linked issue feature or use automation to issue and email when an issue matching the specific characteristics gets created. The advantage of using the linked issue is that you can setup automation to automatically close the issue. Regardless, IMO, someone needs to operate w/in the JSD world on the team's behalf to monitor things and communicate with the customer

thanks.  I'll take a look at this also

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2017

Scriptrunner has a post function to clone an issue and links in their post function.  Works quite well.

many thanks.  I'll take a look

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events