Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not receiving emails when connected later to ticket

Jasper van Naarden October 10, 2019

When I or a colleague make a ticket for a issue in the helpdesk we sometimes want to change the reporter to that of a client. In that case we noticed that the client is not receiving any notifications by email and is not being added to his issues list.

That is something we really need and is working on other Helpdesks I have been using in the past. What do we need to do that we can make tickets for clients and still connect them to this ticket so they are up to date of the issue.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Hi @Jasper van Naarden 

May I ask how the ticket was created(using the create button in Jira)?

If yes then I suspect the tickets do not have a request type set for them(under service desk section on the right hand side check this).

If this is the case do the following:

1. Go to issue search page and search for project =your project and “customer request type” is empty.
  2. Bulk edit all these issues
  3. Set the customer request type to one that corresponds to the issue type you created(see request type in project setting page to confirm this)
  4. Set the request type and save.

To avoid this happening again in future, do the following:

1. Go to Project settings >automation page
  2. Create custom automation rule
  3. When issue created, if customer request type is empty, then update issue set customer request type to specific request type.

always confirm matching request types in the request type page and tou can add more if conditions as needed. 
Cheers

Jasper van Naarden October 18, 2019

Hi Ismael,

This is exactly what I needed, thanks a bunch! I am trying to set up the automation but having trouble to get the JQL right for Request Type as it is not giving me the option to check if it empty as it will say it is not matching any of the suggestions.

I know have:
- When this happens -> Issue created
- If these matches -> "Request Type" = ( having issues on this point )
- Then do this -> Edit request type name to "Customer request"

Regards,

Jasper

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events