Clear custom field when assigning

Tim Patrick June 27, 2017

when we assign a ticket either by "Assign" or "Assign to me", i want a custom field to be emptied.

any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
James Parkin June 27, 2017

you'll need to create a workflow transition with a post function.  You can actually create the step in the workflow with its own screen that only allows you to amend the Assignee field.

To edit the screen the transtion uses, click on the transition, and hit edit.  You'll be given the option to choos the screen it uses.

Then to create the post function;

1. Click on the transition again.
  2. Select postfunction.
  3. Add post function.
  4. Third one down should be clear field value.
  5. Click on that and press add.
  6. Select the field you wish to clear.
  7. Press add.

Now publish the workflow

When you now select the transition step you created/amended it will wipe the contents of that field for that issue.

thats similar to what we have already tried. we ran automation to pick up the event listener to set off a looped transition to clear the content of the field.

it worked for a while, but has now stopped working. i have re-created the automation and the transition, but it still isnt working.

screenshots to follow...

SS1.pngSS2.png

SS3.png

James Parkin June 27, 2017

Yes I see, pretty close.

I dont have a sandbox at the moment so I can't test my theoretical answer for you.

It'd be kind of neat though having an assign ticket trasition, which also wipes out the group assignment.

thats what im looking for. fingers crossed it starts working all by itself, but i dont think that will happen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events