Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Buisness Project how to get SLA under Project Settings

mark.phinney July 30, 2020

Hello all,

Trying to apply some SLAs to a project but i cannot see the option when looking at project settings.

The project is apparently a "Classic Business Project" which could be the issue... how can i associate the SLA option to this type of project?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2020

Hi @mark.phinney,

Your assumption is correct. The SLA feature is a Jira Service Desk feature and only available in a Jira Service Desk project.

It cannot be enabled in a Classic Business Project (which is Jira Core functionality) unfortunately.

If tracking SLA's is what you're after, create a Service Desk project instead. Be aware that Jira Service Desk must be enabled on your instance (which comes at a cost) and has a lot of additional functionality besides the SLA feature as well.

For more information, see Jira Service Desk overview as a starting point. 

mark.phinney July 30, 2020

Thank you for the quick reply.

Bummer... we are using tenable.io to push vulnerabilities into Jira... which those tasks need SLAs on them.

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 30, 2020

Hi @mark.phinney ,

To use SLA tracking in business and software projects as well as the service desk projects you can use Time to SLA .

Time to SLA offers detailed reporting, SLA Panel to track your SLAs in issue screen, options to pause your SLAs and SLA notifications by email and Slack notifications.

SLA Detail Report (Cloud) 3.jpgslapanel-parts.pngLet me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events