Changing the Status via Mail Channel

Rinju Mukherjee August 21, 2017

Dear Expert,

I am exploring the functionalities of creating incident in the JIRA service desk via mail channel. While we can add comments, add attachments etc but is there is a way to transition an incident. For example, customer sends a mail, which create an incident in the service desk. Now agents needs more information on it and puts it in 'wait for customer'. How customer can send it back to agent i.e. how to trigger 'Send to support'? Is it only possible via portal only? Or is there a way via mail as well?

Thanks

Rinju

1 answer

0 votes
Athena Petridou [Nimaworks] August 22, 2017

Hey there, you can do it with Automation of your service desk. The rule is called "Transition on Comment" 

When Comment is Added -> If Issue matches Status = Waiting for Customer, Comment is Public, User is not an agent -> Then Transition to Waiting for support

Hope I helped,

BR, Athina

Rinju Mukherjee August 22, 2017

Hi Athina,

Thanks for your reply. But 'waiting for customer' and 'waiting for support' was just an example. The requirement is to enable it for all the transition of the workflow. For example, when support provides a solution, customer gets options either to 'Close' it or 'Re-opens' it. In both the cases, customer would add public comment. But post actions will be different, right? Or do you feel that this scenario can also be automated?

Thanks

Rinju

How will customer choose "Close" or "Reopen" ? Will he write it on the email body or something like that ?

Rinju Mukherjee August 22, 2017

Yes. For example, if customer Reopens, then will say, "issue did not resolve" but we cannot control, what customer will write. That is the problem, if we try with automation, i think we need some sort trigger, right? That is bit difficult to fix in this case. Or you have any suggestation on it?

Thanks

Rinju

If customer wrote just a comment with the word "close" or "reopen" you could add the "Comment Contains" -> Close on your "Transition on Comment" automation rule, but if he write something else you will lose the transition. So the best way is to create a status that no matter user will write, the issue will be transitioned to this specific status and then the agents will close or reopen the issue. That's why the default workflow of Service desk has the Waiting For Customer -> Waiting for support statuses. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events