Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing base URL in customer password reset mail

PawelK October 26, 2017

Hello,

When a customer wants to change the password the following email is being received. 

Reset your password - (HTML).jpg

Unfortunately the link for password change is always generated using Base URL from JIRA Service Desk system settings. We have Base URL set to our internal network (for agents) but using external URL for Customers to access their portals from Internet.

Is it possible to configure this in the same same as for notification templates?

I've found the code for the resetting password emails only for Jira (licensed) users, not customers:

<Jira_install>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/html/forgotpassword.vm

Best Regards

3 answers

0 votes
Mike Voermans January 8, 2019

Hey @PawelK, did you found a solution because i'm facing the same problem?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2019

You should be using Jira on a single base-url - it does not function with two.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2017

To amend the Service Desk emails, you would need to unpack Service Desk and hack the templates in there.  This is a very bad idea, as it's complex, renders you unsupported and as Gregor says, will be scrubbed by any update.

A better way to solve this problem would be to fix your network settings.  Jira only has one base url, so your "one internal/one external" setup is fundamentally broken and you should kill off the "internal base url", because it's wrong.

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

You can modify the notification .vm file and set some fixed URL.

And have a look here too: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/customizing-email-content-938847640.html 

Mathias HD March 28, 2023

I'm have tired that but my account verification mail still uses the wrong base url despite having changed the template. I think the account verification mail is not listed in the Home directory...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events