Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a reporter

Johnno Scholte January 12, 2018

Hi all, 

How come when i create an issue for a customer and put them in as a reporter and i reply to that issue. The customer does not receive my comment on the issue..

In my dashboard it wont change from "Waiting for support" to "waiting for Customer"..

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2018

Is the customer a full Jira user (they have a login that gets them into Jira so they can see the issue) or just a customer (they can only use the Service Desk portal)?

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your quick reponse!

Service desk portal only customer, They email to support@examplewebsite.com...

and they obviously get emails from that same email adress

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2018

I think part of your response is missing.  What type of user are they?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 12, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- it was stuck in the spam quarantine. It's there now. ^^^

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2018

Ahh, I didn't spot it last time I scanned it!

The reporter of an issue needs to be a Jira user for them to get emails.  As a portal only customer, they can't see the issue, so they won't be mailed about it.  They should only get Service Desk emails.

0 votes
Johnno Scholte January 15, 2018

Thanks guys!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events