Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Default Project Language in Jira Service Desk

Pete Roman May 22, 2020

Hello everyone,

It's been a couple of years since I've used Atlassian services and products and I must admit a lot has changed.

Straight to the point though. 

I am trying to set up and configure Jira Service Desk and Jira Software in Jira Cloud for my company (mainly used Server version in the past). The problem is that despite Jira's default language being set to English-UK, each and every new project created in Jira Service Desk seems to take Czech language as a default value. Though, this doesn't seem to be the case when creating Jira Agile / Software Projects. 

So each time I create a new Service Desk Project my Screen Schemes, Issue Types, Roles etc. get are being populated with freshly created Czech strings. 

This wouldn't be that problematic if after switching the default Portal Language / Supported Languages to English-UK all the Project settings would adjust. Sadly, they don't.

Any help in that regard would be highly appreciated. 

Cheers,

Pete

1.png2.png3.png4.png

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2020

Hello @Pete Roman

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Indeed, Jira service desk projects use different language settings than Jira Software projects, since they have interactions with external users.

Please, do the steps below and check if you are able to configure the default language for your Service desk projects:

1. From your service desk project, go to Project settings () > Language support.

2. Select your preferred language.

3. Review your language's translations and confirm they are up to date.

4. Click Save.

5. Toggle the slider so the language is Visible to customers.

6. Select Change default language.

7. Choose your required language.

8. Click Change.

For more details, check the information below:

Change your service desk project's default language 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Pete Roman May 29, 2020

Hello Petter and thank you for a warm welcome. 

As mentioned in my initial post, the issue with language being Czech "[...]wouldn't be that problematic if after switching the default Portal Language / Supported Languages to English-UK all the Project settings would adjust.". 

I have reached out to the Atlassian Support Team the other days and it looks like it was a common bug in Jira Cloud which was addressed and hot-fixed today. Nevertheless, thank you very much for trying to help with that. :) 

Case closed. /thread

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2020

Hello Pete,

Thank you for letting us know what was causing the issue.

Have a nice weekend!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events