Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change email from display name when adding/inviting a new customer

Deleted user February 19, 2019

Hello,

When we add a new customer is added in Jira Servicedesk online the customer receives an email from display name "ServiceDesk"  and e-mail address "jira@ourcompany.atlassian.net".

We like to change the display name from "ServiceDesk" into something more meaningfull like "ServiceDesk Ourcompany" but we don't know where or how we can change this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Beste regards,

Rene

1 answer

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2019

Hello @[deleted] 

This should help :

System Administration -> System > General Configuration -> Edit Settings and change the "Email from"

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-jira-s-smtp-mail-server-to-send-notifications-829827255.html?_ga=2.147958199.1865388744.1550483980-899529972.1531837689

Thank you for your quick reply; in addition to this I am wondering if there is a users  organization variable (ie the user is our employee in Jira) I can use in the email which inform customers about for example a status update on an issue (configured under customer notifications in Jira)?

I have looked into your suggestion but there is nothing to configure in outgoing email settings? We are using Jira Servicedesk Cloud version.

Schermafbeelding 2019-02-19 om 13.42.52.png

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events