Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default redirect after login . to portals page

Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu April 10, 2017

Hello,

I'm lookig for a way to setup servicedesk so that if a customer goes to servicedesk.domain.com, after he's asked to login, to be redirected to servicedesk.domain.com/servicedesk/customer/portals , and not to the dashboard (which makes it virtually impossible to navigate back to portals).

I'm using nginx as a proxy for Servicedesk.

I'm also doing some other redirects in nginx, for short urls. Eg: servicedesk.domain.com/rs redirects to servicedesk.domain.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/7

location ~ /rs(.*) {
return 301 /servicedesk/customer/portal/7;
}

Thanks,

Bogdan

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu November 16, 2017

We actually did this with this hack:

in /servicedesk_install_home/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/footer/footer.vm we added this code at the buttom:

<script>
$(function () {
if ($("a.login-link").text() == 'Log In' && window.location.href.indexOf("/secure/Dashboard.jspa") != -1) {
window.location = contextPath+"/servicedesk/customer/portals" }
});
</script>

What this does is that if you visit servicedesk.domain.com will redirect you to servicedesk.domain.com/servicedesk/customer/portals which will redirect you to login page but with a back link reference, so after you successfully login, it'll get you to the customers portals view.

The draw back is that technicians don't really have a way to access technician view from here, unless bookmarked. For that we just added a custom message on the portals view like "If you're a technician, click here" that'll get them to servicedesk.domain.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Dieter Brouckaert October 4, 2019

Thanks for the hack!

I've added the hack (with some modifications) into the Announcement Banner on our test environment.

The modified script I've added to the announcement banner is (in case someone is interested):

<script>
$(function ()
{
if (($("a.login-link").text() == 'Log In' && window.location.href.indexOf("/secure/Dashboard.jspa") > -1)
|| ($("input[name='login']").length > 0 && $("input[name='login']")[0].value == "Log In" && window.location.href.indexOf("login.jsp") > -1)
)
{
window.location = contextPath+"/servicedesk/customer/user/login?destination=" + window.location.origin + "/secure/MyJiraHome.jspa"
}
});
</script>

In my redirect to the service desk login page, I've added a destination which is used after the login.
Technicians will be redirected to jira, while customers will stay on the portal

0 votes
Shyam June 12, 2020

In our case, the Customers get redirect correctly to the customer portal but for folks who are agents as well as customers on other projects always get redirected to the dashboard view post the okta authentication.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

0 votes
Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2017

Looking for these answers, also!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events