Change assignee/status automatically

Hi

We have in our workflow a transition called "Accept" - from status "Open" to status "In progress".

1)
When the agent "X" accept the request, the assignee of this request should be changed automatically to agent "X". This should work for all agents.

2)
When the agent "X" use in a new created request with status "Open" the function "Assign to me", the status should be changed to "In progress".

Which triggers should I choose and which automations should I define to get this automatically functions?

Thank you.

2 answers

Hi Aleksandar, 
It's not possible using only the automation available on Jira Service Desk, we use a plugin named Automation For Jira that can automate your workflow, it can be triggered when a Issue is created, transitioned or edited using JQL for checking, and then take action, like assign the issue.

It is also very inexpensive, and may have many more uses, it a goto plugin for automation.

1 votes

Hi Aleksandar,

For your first use case, just add a post function to the Accept transition of type "Assign to current user". That will cover case 1.

For the second case, Rafael's suggestion might work (there is also a free version of the add-on, Automation Lite for JIRA), but before you go down that path - ask yourself if you want that behaviour. Changing the assignee of an issue is a totally different action than executing a workflow transition.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Pedro Felgueiras
Asked 28m ago in Jira

Clone a Zephyr issue

When I try to clone a Zephyr issue only a popup showing the issue id and nothing more shows.  On the browser console I see:  RTE not registered Error: No jira/editor/registry at c...

9 views 0 0
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot