Change Default Assignee in Service Desk

I cannot remember where the field is to change my default assignee for a short time while I am on holidays.  Can you let me know

1 answer

1 vote

For the default assignee on the project as a whole you probably want:

Project Settings > Users and Roles > Edit Defaults (at top right of screen)

If you have different default assignees set up per Component, you might also want to check:

Project Settings > Components

Hope that helps.

Sam

Hey Sam,

I'm new to this game, so sorry if this is a lame question. Can you do Unassigned for the Default Assignee or does it have to be the Project Lead? I'm not seeing any other option for changing the default assignee. Thanks for your help in advance.

Clint

Jack Brickey Community Champion Mar 12, 2018

@Clint Young, this is an old thread. In general you are best served putting in a new question if you can find an answer in the Community already. With that said, the default is "unassigned" and you have to change it to Project Lead or Component lead to get a different behavior.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

37,515 views 13 40
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you