Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant instal Jira Service Desk

Kyrylo Kliushev May 3, 2018

After safe mode, we cant install Jira Service Desk on the server. 

We reinstall addon in a marketplace when seeing this error 
```INFO673x5562x1 1rb0vtg /rest/plugins/1.0/installed-marketplace [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Updating plugin ‘com.atlassian.servicedesk.application’ from version ‘3.12.0’ to version ‘3.12.0’
2018-05-03 12:13:37,758 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-4 INFO m.babenko 673x5562x1 1rb0vtg 1.0.1 /rest/plugins/1.0/installed-marketplace [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Removed plugin ‘com.atlassian.servicedesk.application’
2018-05-03 12:13:39,276 UpmScheduler:thread-2 WARN [c.a.upm.pac.PacClientImpl] Update check request may take longer because of the number of add-ons```

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2018

Just to circle back to this thread, we found the following steps were taking to help resolve this problem:

1. Stop Jira
  2. Move all the files out of the <jira-home>/plugins/installed-plugins/ directory into a temp directory outside the <jira-home>
  3. In the SQL database that Jira is using, please clear the table that tracks which plugins are disabled. You can do this by running a SQL command of
    truncate table pluginstate;

This will remove all entries from that table. Provided that you have removed all plugins in step 2, none of the other plugins will try to start in Jira. This will clear any flags in the database that could prevent this plugin from starting up when Service Desk 3.12.0 is installed later

4. Start Jira
  5. Install Jira Service Desk via the Jira web interface.
0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

The log messages you have posted are not indicative of an error.  

1. Why are you starting Jira in safe mode?
  2. Are you running Jira 7.9.0?  That version of Service desk is only compatible with Jira 7.9.0 per the Version history.
  3. Did you recently upgrade Jira?
  4. If so, what version did you upgrade from?
  5. Did you have Jira Service Desk installed before this attempt to install the 3.12.0 version?
  6. If so, please let me know what version was installed?
Kyrylo Kliushev May 3, 2018

1. We have some bugs after update from 7.6 to 7.9
2. Yes, 7.9. I will check the version of Service Desk. Thank you.
3. No.
5.Yes. 

6. It was Service Desk 3.9.

Thank you for help Andrew!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 3, 2018

Hi,

The next thing I would try would be to

1. Stop Jira
  2. Move all the content of the $JIRAHOME/plugins/installed-plugins/ folder to a new temp folder outside the $JIRAHOME
  3. Start Jira again
  4. Then use the UPM in Jira (Cog Icon -> Addons) in order to try to install updated versions of your other plugins via marketplace.   As for Jira Service Desk and/or Jira Software, you should be able to install/update these versions by going to Cog Icon -> Applications -> Versions & Licenses.  

If you are still unable to get Service Desk to update and load up when doing this, I'd want to gather logs from your system to better understand what is happening.  I created a support request so we could gather these logs as such.

https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/SDS-32528

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events