Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view Knowledge base articles

Nitesh Bhambhani August 21, 2017

I linked my service desk project to confluence space a few days back. It was giving me the results even if I typed a couple of characters from the article name. However, when I try to find any article now it only give me result after I enter the complete word from the name of the article. 

Could anyone please help me out here and suggest the root cause of this issue. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2017

Hi Nitesh,

• Does autocomplete work in other JIRA fields as it should?
  • Does a full lock and re-index on the Confluence side help?

Make sure autocomplete works in other JIRA Fields such as a user picker.  Once you verify that, perform a full lock and re-index on the Confluence side and retest.

If that does not change the situation, if you have a proxy the next step I would take would be to try to bypass the proxy on both and see if you still run into this issue.

Cheers,

Branden

Nitesh Bhambhani August 22, 2017

Hi Branden,

Thank you for your response. The autocomplete appears to work fine in other JIRA fields. Its just the Knowledge Base part which is not working as per the expectations. The strange part is that this issue surfaced suddenly and I have no idea what could be the reason here. 

I was looking for re-index option in Confluence but was unable to find it there. Could you please point me to the right section under Confluence?

Thanks,

Nitesh

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2017

Hi Nitesh,

The Content Index Administration article will provide the information you're looking for:

To rebuild the search index:

1. Choose the cog icon , then choose General Configuration under Confluence Administration
  2. Choose 'Content Indexing' under the heading 'Administration' in the left-hand panel.
  3. Choose the 'Rebuild' button in either the 'Search Index' section.
    (If the indexes have never been built, its button will indicate 'Build' instead of 'Rebuild.)

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Nitesh Bhambhani August 22, 2017

Hi Branden,

Thank you for your guidance.

Cheers,

Nitesh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events