Cannot view Knowledge base articles Edited

I linked my service desk project to confluence space a few days back. It was giving me the results even if I typed a couple of characters from the article name. However, when I try to find any article now it only give me result after I enter the complete word from the name of the article. 

Could anyone please help me out here and suggest the root cause of this issue. Thanks!

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Nitesh,

• Does autocomplete work in other JIRA fields as it should?
  • Does a full lock and re-index on the Confluence side help?

Make sure autocomplete works in other JIRA Fields such as a user picker.  Once you verify that, perform a full lock and re-index on the Confluence side and retest.

If that does not change the situation, if you have a proxy the next step I would take would be to try to bypass the proxy on both and see if you still run into this issue.

Cheers,

Branden

Hi Branden,

Thank you for your response. The autocomplete appears to work fine in other JIRA fields. Its just the Knowledge Base part which is not working as per the expectations. The strange part is that this issue surfaced suddenly and I have no idea what could be the reason here. 

I was looking for re-index option in Confluence but was unable to find it there. Could you please point me to the right section under Confluence?

Thanks,

Nitesh

Hi Nitesh,

The Content Index Administration article will provide the information you're looking for:

To rebuild the search index:

1. Choose the cog icon , then choose General Configuration under Confluence Administration
  2. Choose 'Content Indexing' under the heading 'Administration' in the left-hand panel.
  3. Choose the 'Rebuild' button in either the 'Search Index' section.
    (If the indexes have never been built, its button will indicate 'Build' instead of 'Rebuild.)

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Hi Branden,

Thank you for your guidance.

Cheers,

Nitesh

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

784 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you