Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot se custom field look up without sd agent

Teodor Gordes July 21, 2018
Hi how home a custom field that looks up a group on jira group of users cannot be seen without sd agent license

8 answers

0 votes
Teodor Gordes July 22, 2018

Forget it thanks for no help. You are just greedy and cannot admit your poor solution.

Did not accure to you maybe we are a smaller company who do have systems that have this knowledge about who us manager of who

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2018

We are talking about customers, but in the sense that Jira Service Desk defines them.  A customer is a person asking for help or action.  The person on the end of the 'phone, sending the email, or filling in a form that gives you the request.

A customer does not need to know about the people behind the service desk, and probably should not know either.  They make their request and you deal with it. 

Your approach of getting the customer to choose an authoriser is not supported because the customer should not have to know the people behind it, it's not their job.  In fact, the idea is a terrible one as well, people should never be able to choose who authorises their requests.

0 votes
Teodor Gordes July 22, 2018

Sorry but not very happy the way you answer you have no clue. 

We are not talking about any customers. 

All the users are internal employees let's say I raise ticket i out my boss as approver if is ok to buy a laptop for me 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2018

The customer should not need to know that, it should be done properly, by the agents having access to it (ideally, automate it).  The customer should not need to have any knowledge of your internal processes or structures.

0 votes

Many times we have no clue who is manager of who but emploeey always know who own manager is 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2018

Because the customer should not need to know that.  A request comes in, it's up to the Agents to know how to route it.

0 votes

Let me explain more precisely I am creating a service desk for our own employees where my team in service desk needs to have sd agents so they can handle tickets. For creating a ticket that needs manager approval such as purchase our employees needs to look up managers without sd agents why should that not be possible ?? 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2018

Customers are not expected to know the internals of your organisation.  Imagine ringing your bank for some help - would you expect to be able to see a list of their employees who have nothing to do with your question?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events