Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot my request on service desk portal

PaulaA May 3, 2019

Hi all,

On the customer portal, I cannot see my request. I'm a service desk admin and agent. This happens also to other regular users. When I click on "my request" it's loading for ever and some users reported an error message:

<status>
<status-code>500</status-code>
<message>key not found: 420</message>
<stack-trace>
java.util.NoSuchElementException:

Service desk self-hosted and version 4.0.0. I upgraded from 3.8.1 hopping this issue will be solved as it was discover at the same time the upgrade was planned.

Any ideas? I have read this could be for people who are not consuming a license but it is not my case.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2019

@PaulaA Please check this KB article and see if you are experiencing the same issue and try if the resolution mentioned here resolves your issue: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-service-desk-shows-500-error-on-requests-page-931234256.html

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2019

@PaulaA Did the above answer help resolving your issue ?

PaulaA May 7, 2019

Hi @Taranjeet Singh 

Thank you but this didn't work. I have a test system with old data and there works. I run the query in both prod and test and the result is the same, I have two request types with no fields.

To avoid some other issues, we hide from the portal some request types so people can assign later on Jira and then agents can edit the issues when needed. Could this cause the issue? It's the only difference that I can think of.

Thanks

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2019

@PaulaA I would still suggest to follow the resolution suggested in the above KB article in your Production instance, to see if it resolves the issue.

Regarding the request types that you are hiding from portal and are only available for agents, I don't think those could be the cause of this issue. 

PaulaA May 7, 2019

hi @Taranjeet Singh 

I cannot edit the fields following the documentation. I'm on the request type menu, edit field shows an error: Field does not belong to the Request Type.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-jira-service-desk/create-service-desk-request-types-917968307.html

Sorry, i cannot paste a screenshot

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events