Cannot create ticket via email for Service Desk

Deborah Bordonaro July 8, 2016

We have a Service Desk project set up.  For that project, we have a POP email server and an email handler for that server.  The Handler is Create a new issue or add a comment for an existing issues.

This setup enabled people to send an email and create a ticket without going through the customer portal. The email would also create a user account for the customer. Even if these customers did not activate their accounts, they could still comment on tickets via email.

However, just recently the ability to create a ticket via email stopped. The emails fail with the error message: cannot create user due to invalid license. I've checked the email handler settings, the permissions and various other things but cannot figure out where the problem is. Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Speight July 10, 2016

Sounds like you are on a trial, your maintenance has expired or you have exceeded the maximum amount of users you are licenced for? Log in as an administrator and check licencing. 

Deborah Bordonaro July 11, 2016

The error messages do seem to indicate that we have exceeded the maximum licensed users, but the documentation indicates that Service Desk Customers should not not take up a license. My understanding is that people should be able to email Service Desk to create and comment on tickets as customers. Also, our maintenance expires in April 2017, so I'm just not sure where to look next.

Sam Speight July 11, 2016

Are you using cloud or local server install, what version? Under the old licencing scheme the service desk was per client rather than per agent so just wondering if you are still on that scheme.

While I'm sure I could help you get to the bottom of this eventually, for the quickest resolution I would lodge a support ticket with Atlassian. They should be able to get to the bottom of this in a jiffy. https://support.atlassian.com/customer/servicedesk-portal

Happy to help more if you are still having trouble.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events