Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create ticket in JIRA Service Desk

Bhawtosh Jani May 14, 2019

I had Jira core and Jira Service Desk installed as an evaluation license, After it got expired.. I have bought JIRA SD starter license and applied.. (do not need JIRA core). I was able to create ticket through JIRA SD UI for few days and now it is not allowing me to create ticket.

Message I am getting when try to create new ticket.

• You will not be able to create new issues because your Jira evaluation period has expired, please contact your Jira administrators.

1 answer

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2019

@Bhawtosh Jani Your JIRA SD license might have expired. Please check under JIRA Administration -> Applications -> Versions & licenses in your JIRA instance. You need to have JIRA administrators permission in order to check this.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

@Bhawtosh Jani Did my answer help resolve your issue?

Bhawtosh Jani May 20, 2019

I have JIRA SD starter license purchased and applied. Actually I have opened this request by going inside the screen you are suggesting.

Little backgroud: when I have installed, I installed JIRA Core and JIRA SD. After the evalution period expired : I have just purchased JIRA SD Starter license and I do not need JIRA Core. Is it suppose to work that way? or is there anything wrong.

I understood reading online that it use to be like you install JIRA core as a platform and then install JIRA SD but now it is standalone product. 

I hope this information helps, Please let me know if you need more details.

Bhawtosh Jani May 21, 2019

@Taranjeet Singh 

I hope you got my response below, waiting for your help on the matter.

I have JIRA SD starter license purchased and applied. Actually I have opened this request by going inside the screen you are suggesting.

Little backgroud: when I have installed, I installed JIRA Core and JIRA SD. After the evalution period expired : I have just purchased JIRA SD Starter license and I do not need JIRA Core. Is it suppose to work that way? or is there anything wrong.

I understood reading online that it use to be like you install JIRA core as a platform and then install JIRA SD but now it is standalone product. 

I hope this information helps, Please let me know if you need more details.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2019

@Bhawtosh Jani I think you do not need JIRA Core license , in order for JSD to work, since it is built on JIRA Core platform and if you have installed JSD using JSD installer, it should include the features of JIRA Core platform, that allow you to create tickets in JSD projects. 

Removing JIRA Core will not remove JSD, the only features you will not get are related to those provided by JIRA Core, like Business Projects.

Try removing license for JIRA Core and only apply valid license for JSD , and see if you are bale to create tickets in your JSD projects.

Bhawtosh Jani May 22, 2019

@Taranjeet Singh - So I just removed license key for JIRA Core and it is working fine at the moment, I can create tickets from JIRA SD UI however I do have a question on this, when I removed license key, there was a checkbox (selected by default) asking for " remove JIRA configuration " Can you please help me understand how that option will impact in standard setup?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events