Cannot create issue manually

Shrikant Patil January 1, 2019

Hello team,

We have purchased the new license today, but still not able to create issue using "create" button on home screen.

Also how can we remove/uninstall the JIRA Core application/warning, the trial expired and we do not intend to use it further.

see error screenshot

1.png

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2019

You need to apply the licence to the server.  Use the key you find under https://my.atlassian.com where you bought it, in the admin -> licence section in Jira.

Shrikant Patil January 1, 2019

the license is already applied, I bought it online.

i was using evaluation license for Core and service desk. Now i only bought service desk and DO NOT want to use Core.

i dont see uninstall option for JIRA Core.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2019

>the license is already applied
That is not what the message says.  You might well have bought a licence, but you have clearly not applied it.

>i dont see uninstall option for JIRA Core.

Service Desk is an application that runs on top of Core.  If you could uninstall Core, you'd find Service Desk doesn't work because it has no issues, workflows, fields, screens, users and so-on to work with.

>Now i only bought service desk and DO NOT want to use Core.
A service Desk licence includes the Core licence necessary to use the system.  

Are you logged in as a Service Desk Agent?  As you only have Service Desk licences, only Agents will be able to create issues (And customers can create Requests, but that's a different route)

Shrikant Patil January 2, 2019

I am new to this so still some confusion for me :(

the license is applied see this image.

2.png

>>>Are you logged in as a Service Desk Agent?

yes i am logged as service agent, so i should be able to generate internal requests.. right? or ... I have to do it from Project--> raise a request?

Customers are able to create requests.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2019

Yes, with those settings you should be able to create issues as a Service Desk agent.  Although, you should check that at least one Service Desk project permissions allow you to create issues (My best guess is that they don't at the moment, and you've only got non-Service Desk projects with create rights)

Shrikant Patil January 2, 2019

I do have the access and i am able to create service request from Project but cant create issue from Home screen.2019-01-02_16h27_30.png

0 votes
Shrikant Patil January 3, 2019

The issue resolved after deleting all expired licenses for core and other products

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events