Cannot add agents in Service Desk 2.0

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

I keep getting the message: 

"You cannot add new agents because JIRA Service Desk cannot add users to the service-desk-agents group."

Steps I have taken:

• upgrade JIRA to 6.3.5
  • upgrade Service Desk to 2.0.1
  • tried to convert an user to agent
  • tried to create new agent
  • followed the instruction at Troubleshooting issues with user management
    • i.e. deleted the service-desk-agents group
    • tried to create an agent

When trying to create a new Service Desk I get the error 

"In order for you to create a service desk, you need to be allocated an agent license. However, this is not possible because the agents group is misconfigured."

What should I do to get this fixed? Reindex and integrity check didn´t help...

Thanks
Thomas

ps: The "Learn more" link in the error message leads to http://localhost:8080/secure/admin/undefined

3 answers

0 votes
John Desha November 14, 2014

Are you using Crowd for user/group management? I have run in to this as well. I found the following, but I have not yet found a way to add the group attribute as documented (and have opened a support request). https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SDKB/Unable+to+add+user+to+group+error+while+creating+a+new+Service+Desk?utm_source=SAC&utm_medium=provide_details

0 votes
Charles Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

Thomas, I just wanted to ask, but you've not run into a license constraint have you?

0 votes
Judd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2014

Hi Thomas,

I think your situation will need to be investigated further to work out what's causing this. If you haven't already, please raise a support ticket and someone will be able to help you out.

Judd

Designer, JIRA Service Desk

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events