Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Setup Canned Responses in Service Desk

Lewis Bustin February 5, 2018

I cannot see where to configure canned responses in my service desk projects. I would prefer to use the JIRA native, rather than an add-on.

6 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2020

Hi everyone,

In an effort to try to make it clearer for anyone that finds this thread, here is an updated answer.

The canned responses feature is currently only available in the Jira Server/Data Center editions, and has been since Jira Service Desk 3.8.0.  However for Jira Cloud sites, this feature does not exist yet.  There is an open feature request for this over in JSDCLOUD-631.  Please watch this ticket for updates on this.  It might also help to review our Implementation of New Features Policy.

In the meantime, Marketplace does have at least one app that appears to have this functionality over in the Canned Responses Pro Templates for Jira, there might be other solutions in Marketplace as well.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2023

Hi 

Canned response feature is now available to all Jira Service Management customers. 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/reply-faster-to-your-customers-with-canned-responses/

Cheers

Joe

5 votes
James Ashworth July 27, 2020

Its a joke that this has been going on for over 6 years now and cloud still has nothing. Not even the ability for agent to have custom signatures. @Andy Heinzer That open request was created in 2014.... its now 2020 like come on. 

If Atlassian is just going to tell people to go and vote for the feature but in meantime here is an app you can pay for that does it then you should at least cover the cost of the APP. 

Tech focused or not your dealing with clients and there is a level of professionalism and customer service involved here. 

Whats more frustrating is that the feature exists by default in the Server version of Service Desk and not cloud.

Roland August 26, 2020

Agreed. How on earth can you not have signatures in 2020. Email has had signatures as a standard feature for 30 years...

Like Bee GWT likes this
Bee GWT November 5, 2020

Seems like it would be a pretty basic task for a first year programmer to add a feature from Server to Cloud, maybe they are just that lazy?

All I want is a signature on my responses...

Martin Kirk March 8, 2023

Its 2023 .. still missing.. 

Martin Kirk March 8, 2023

just looked at the Ticket and they say its early access in April :

Early Access by end of April

Lets hope so 

OMHM March 8, 2023

Good morning,

Yesterday, I presented JIRA/Confluence to the management team. They are motivated to replace our old software but I received feedback on the addon: Canned Responses Pro for Jira because it was only in English. We go with Atlantian but for this functionality it is a total failure that the addon fixes in part.

Can't wait for April!!!

3 votes
Calan Horsman April 19, 2019

I am busy evaluating Service Desk for our customer support. I find it crazy that software as good as this doesn't include canned responses, a feature so integral to providing customer service.

For that reason alone I won't evaluate further. Sorry guys.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2019

Hi @Calan Horsman 

The Server version of Service Desk does have canned responses, see the blog post Get time back with canned responses and SLA copy configurations in Jira Service Desk Server

Jira Service Desk Server has had this feature since 3.7.0.

The Cloud version does not yet have this feature.  There is an open request for this in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-631

I would recommend watching and voting on this issue to help our development team prioritize this feature.  In the meantime there are also 3rd party solution for the Cloud platform, such as Canned Responses Pro for Jira that might help fulfill this need.  It's also possible there are other solutions in the Marketplace.atlassian.com site that might also provide this functionality.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Calan Horsman April 23, 2019

Hi Andrew,

I'm aware of the details you've provided but I can't see past SAAS support software having this as an integrated feature, especially when there are posts requesting it that are well over a year old. I appreciate your target market must be far more tech weighted and not ecommerce as this is a basic requirement when responding to customers.

Relying on a third party app for something so basic doesn't sit well with me.

Like # people like this
Roland August 26, 2020

How on earth can you not have signatures in 2020. Email has had signatures as a standard feature for 30 years...

Like # people like this
0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2018

Howdy,

You can customize the responses in Service Desk, however these are controlled from within the project settings directly.  You can navigate to this by going to Projects -> Your JSD project name, then clicking the Gear icon near the bottom of the left navigation menu to get into the project settings. On that left navigation panel select the link for Customer notifications.

There is also a blog post that describes how to use this feature in Customize the notifications you send to your customers.   I went back to check and it appears that this ability to customize these notifications was first seen in Jira Service Desk 3.3.0.  So if you do not see these options within your JSD instance, I would be concerned to see what version you might be using.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

We're referring to canned responses, not customer notifications. I am on 3.7.0 so that's not the problem.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2018

Ah, thanks @Steven F Behnke Sorry I misunderstood the feature here.

That specific feature wasn't introduced until 3.8.0:

Atlassian Blog: Get time back with canned responses and SLA copy configurations in Jira Service Desk Server

Lewis Bustin February 7, 2018

hey @Andy,

I am on JIRA cloud JSD. So i should have the feature available to me.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2018

@Lewis Bustin,

Actually, the Cloud platform does not have this feature at this time.  If you check out that blog link I posted, it does specifically detail that this is for the Server platform.

There is an existing feature request for this on the Cloud platform over at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-631

Most of the time the Cloud and Server platforms share the majority of features.  However there are some features that exist in Server that do not exist in Cloud and vice versa.    Unfortunately, this feature has not yet made its way into the Cloud platform.

Lewis Bustin February 7, 2018

@Andy Heinzer,

Cheers for the feedback. Appreciate the help. I will keep an eye out for the update to the cloud platform in the future. :D

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

Cheers @Andy Heinzer, appreciate it

OMHM November 22, 2022

Hello,

We are currently implementing JIRA to replace our ticket system. JIRA has some issues that we manage to live with. However, I couldn't resist answering that the feature on response templates is so basic that I wouldn't have thought it was missing.

Example: I present to you my new car, it has no tires and it does not fly.

Currently, I like my car (JIRA), even if it doesn't have tires ;) I vote for adding tires to my car which doesn't fly.

Thanks

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2018

Agreed. I can't find it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events