Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Create KB for Service Desk

Tim Straub September 4, 2017

Hi,

we are thinking to implement Service Desk and would like to create a KB in Confluence.

I am Administrator in Confluence and JIRA but I am not able to create a new KB.

Error is:

"We couldn't create a space for you. Confluence might be down, or you might not have permissions to create a space..."

As mentioned earlier I am Administrator of both and the Application Links are working well.

Ho do I resolve this?

Regards

Tim

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Straub September 5, 2017

We just found the reason:

Confluence permissions must be set true for Anonymous "use Confluence" AND "View User Profiles".

We thought "use Confluence" should be enough.

Regards

Tim

6 votes
Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2018

Hi Tim,

I know you marked it as resolved and it might not even be an issue anymore for you guys, but we just ran into the same issue, and funny enough your question here, was the only place I found to have the same system reponse we were getting when trying to set up knowledgebase spaces. Application links were set up fine, and the User attempting to create spaces most definitely had the rights to do so + Confluence wasn't down.

Because enabling anonymous use for CONF was not an option for our case - our KB for the JSD is for internal use so Confluence doesn't and shouldn't be accessible for anonymous user - we had to find a different way.

So I am giving another possible solution: change the application link setting between jira and confluence, if it's set to only OAuth and not OAuth with impersonation, this bug will probably cause for the appication link that appears to be functioning well to fail for the actual execution of integrating JSD and Confluence with one another.

Cheers,

Merle

Deleted user June 7, 2018

That is indeed helpful and fixed this for us.

Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

Thx for the feedback, I am glad this was helpful to someone else as well ;)

Kensuke Karukomi _軽込 健介_ April 12, 2019

You definitely saved my life! Thanks :-)

Like Merle Fischer likes this
Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2019

so happy to hear that ;)

Thor
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2020

Thank you @Merle Fischer this was indeed the solution :)

0 votes
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2017

Can you check JIRA log file for more information?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events