Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you work a service desk queue like a search result?

Michael Kirkland November 19, 2018

The ability to do bulk modifications or work a ticket in a search result (assign, transition etc) without opening the item is very useful.  Unfortunately these features are not in the queues on a service desk.  

Is there any workaround?  I've had to make separate searches, save them, and add them back in as links on the project.  It's an okay workaround...but it makes our queues somewhat unusable.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2018

you can't perform bulk edits from Queues but you can easily edit the queue, copy the jql, paste it into a JQL advanced search and do it from there.

Michael Kirkland November 19, 2018

Yeah, that's what I've done is basically build the queues as searches, and repost those saved searches as new links in the service desk and skipping the queues entirely.  This isn't ideal in that the queues offer a bit more functionality in other areas (updated polling, result counts etc.)

Any chance that these queues might be the basic functionality that we've enjoyed in search results?  I'd be okay without the bulk edits (a selection option for individual records versus the entire query result seems like a better idea) but the ability to perform basic operations on tickets in queues just like search results seems like an obvious need.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2018

I checked in Atlassian's product ticketing for a similar Suggestion but did not find one so you may wish to open a suggestion. https://jira.atlassian.com/projects

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events