Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you transfer an account and all of it's projects & tickets to a new company's JIRA?

Rebecca Colgate November 10, 2014

Need to export or move 1 whole account - multiple projects, sprints and tickets for a client, they are moving forward by creating their own JIRA Account.   I can't do a download as we have multiple clients in our JIRA and need to just export /transfer 1 client account. Is there a way to do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rebecca Colgate November 11, 2014

Thank you @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] & @Juan Felipe Cardona - I did contact JIRA Support as suggested.

For others with this question, here is the response from JIRA Support:

I'm afraid in the OnDemand environment there is not a super easy way to do this, but there are a few options which I'll list below.

1. Create a backup of the data you currently have, create a backup, and restore to a free OnDemand trial instance. Delete the data they do not need to see and create a backup in the trial instance
  2. Create a backup of the data you currently have, create a backup, and restore to a free Server trial instance. When importing the backup choose Project Import and select the clients project. Once the import is complete create an export.

There is a current feature request JRA-34307 to enable project exports. If it's something you're interested in I encourage you to vote and watch this issue as it is highly visible by the engineering team responsible for it's resolution. Also, feel free to leave comments further explaining your experience.

0 votes
Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

Hello Rebecca

Try contacting JIRA support first. They could help you with your request.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2014

Nope, you can't do this.  JIRA has a complete export, and you can do projects, but there's no way to take assorted random stuff from one JIRA to another like that.

You'll need to create them a new account in the target JIRA, then decide on what projects and issues to transfer, then work out a transfer method (probably export everything, then use the project import after doing some cleansing of the issue data you don't want).   I'd use Botron's project addon to transfer the configurations accross, but there's nothing to handles a users dashboards or filters at all.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events