Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you position Service desk "Field Help"?

Dave Hollinden January 25, 2018

Hello, 

Is there any way to position Field Help for fields in a Service Desk request type so that it appears beneath the fields rather than to the right? Sometimes it'd be nice to insert text between fields so as to offset one section of the request from the next. 

I assume I could do this with message fields in Jira, but not in Service Desk. Correct?

Thanks, 

Dave

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2018

Hi Dave,

I don't think there is a way to change the placing of the field help without customization on the source code. However, for what you are trying to achieve here:

Sometimes it'd be nice to insert text between fields so as to offset one section of the request from the next. 

You can try this for the Field help content:

The actual field help \\ \\  \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ 

OR

\\ \\  \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ 

What this will do is to insert empty lines which will move the next field further down the page.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,
Moga

Dave Hollinden February 5, 2018

Hi Moga, 

Thank you for your response. I do use " \\ \\" for paragraph breaks in field help, but hadn't thought about using more breaks like that to offset sections of fields from each other.

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Dave

Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2018

Hi Dave, happy to help! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events