Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you format Smart Value text fields?

Jessica Thorson January 15, 2019

We have a "Most Recent Comment" field that updates every time there is a comment so we can view it on our queues. We'd like to format this field according to who made the comment, such as blue text vs red text, bold vs plain etc. 

Our condition rule is working, but the only formatting info I've been able to find is at the link below, which basically limits us to formatting to all caps as our only way of differentiating the comments: {{issue.comments.last.body.toUpperCase()}}

Again, the rule is working correctly, so we don't need help with that, I'm just wondering if there's another way to format or more options that aren't at this link?

https://docs.automationforjira.com/working-with-issue-data/working-with-strings.html#how-to-use 

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2019

Hey @Jessica Thorson - I'm enjoying your fluffy unicorn. Welcome to the Community!

As far as I'm aware, formatting is stripped when you're viewing text in a queue, so this wouldn't be possible. 

Is there a way you could append the smart value for the user name of the person commenting to the beginning of the field text so that you would have more contextual information? 

Wish I could be more help, this is definitely an interesting use case!

Jessica Thorson January 16, 2019

Hi Meg,

Thank you for your response! I'll probably end up just using the below:

REPORTER: {{issue.comments.last.body.abbreviate(100)}}

While I have you here... :)

Our condition rule is below, where we have to add each tech's name individually.. any suggestions on how to make it role based instead so we don't have to maintain the condition as we have turnover on the team?

First Value: {{issue.comments.last.author}}

Condition: Contains Regular Expression

Regular Expression: (username1|username2)

Thanks!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2019

Hm, not that i can think of, but I haven't worked a lot with user properties and the like. 

Depending on what tool you're using, may be able to have a chat with the vendor and get some answers. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events