Can you associate issuetypes within a given project to either require a JSD Agent Permission or not?

Robert Nolan September 14, 2015

I have an existing project with several workflows associated with given issues types, i.e.

issuetype            Workflow

================================

Incident               classic default workflow

Bug                     Agile/Scrum workflow

Story                   Agile/Scrum workflow

We only want the Incident Issuetype to be raised through JSD, with the other incidents created and managed through JIRA directly. Developers will work on Bug and Story tickets, while Helpdesk Agents will work on the Incident tickets. However, it appears that we need to move all our internal users (i.e. Developers and Helpdesk Agents) onto a JSD Agent license in order to do this - is this the case?

I have removed the Bug and Story issuetypes from the Request Types within the JSD for the project. However, internal users can only see, transition and action the Bug and Story tickets if they have a JSD Agent license.

This is a major drawback if it is the case as we have no need to action any development activity through JSD! We will have to remain on the existing model (non-agent based) if we cannot differentiate between a user that requires a JSD Agent license to action a JSD ticket (Incident) and a developer who is working on a development ticket (Bug, Story), within the same project.

1 answer

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2015

Hi @Robert Nolan,

Instead of clumping Service Desk requests with development issues, why not segregate them in separate projects? Something like, having a project that caters for Service Desk requests and another for the bugs and stories.

That way, you can separate the view of the projects in accordance to the people managing the issues (agents handle service requests, and devs on bugs/stories). If a service request pertains to a new/existing bug, the agent can link the request to the bug. By doing so, the devs can understand how severe a bug is.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events