Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you add more selections in the POST Actions issue field options?

Dimitar Dimitrov April 11, 2018

Hey guys, 

I want to create a POST action for a transition I have in a workflow in JSD. What I want to do as an end result is to be able to convert an incident to a service request using that transition (in cases where the type of ticket has not been categorized properly).

So I create a transition and show it on the portal, so far so good. Then I want to see the POST actions for that transition and add a post action which updates the 'issue type' from 'incident' to 'service request', which are both existing in my project issue types.

However, when I add the post action and try to choose the issue type, I am given a short list of options to choose from and 'issue type' is not there. Can I add it to that list? Anyone done that? 

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 3.06.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 3.06.41 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

It is not that simple to change an issue  type, because issue type influences many other things like screens, workflows and etc. You can use ScriptRunner to write a post function, which will change the  issue type.

Yeah, @Alexey Matveev I thought so. Hm, okay, I guess an easier way would be to actually close the incident from that transition, and then add a post action to the transition to open another related issue of type Request. It would be cleaner anyway.  

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

If it is ok with your requirements, then it is a cleaner solution definately.

It's OK, but I am having another challenge - when I go and edit my workflow, I select the transition and then I try to add a post function. I choose to add a post function which creates an issue from a template, but at the page of the association there is no Save button at all? And I cannot add the post function. Is that normal or am I tripping?

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 4.15.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-11 at 4.15.45 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events