Can we expect that anonymous user will be able to create a support ticket?

Andrej Kolar December 9, 2014

We're a small team with two agents supporting thousands of customers. We're using Jira, Agile, Confluence and Stash for now but getting into the system more and more. And we're loving it.

We want to go away from our current help desk (which integrates nicely with JIRA btw). 

It seems like you have a great product with Service Desk 2.0 but requiring each customer to have an account and log in to submit a support ticket is ridiculous and a show stopper for us.

We need our customers to submit a ticket via email, access our public KB and submit a question without having an account or logging in. 

Are you guys going to change that?

(If this is possible I would be most delighted to be directed to the docs explaining how to do it. Thank you.)

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Domanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

Hi Andrej,

With SD 2.0 the Customer account is not billed anyway to your JIRA licence, so you can have thousands of Customers and yet you pay only for your support staff.

As for the "anonymous" access - you can make your ServiceDesk open for registration, so then anyone can register and create a ticket. To do so, please go to People tab > Customers, in the upper right section you have "Everyone can access / Restricted access" button - select the option "Everyone with an account can access my Customer Portal" and mark "Anyone can sign up for a customer account on my Customer Portal"

At least that's my understanding on how it works (as so far I prefer to use Restricted Access due to fact of having different SD for different Customers' organizations).

Andrej Kolar December 9, 2014

I appreciate that the pricing has changed and I like the features of SD 2.0. But my question was if Atlassian is going to change the fact that everyone needs an account to ask a simple question. We support simple, computer illiterate people. They don't need yet another account and password. They just need to be able to shoot a message to us conveniently.

maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2014

Hi Andrej, It is possible to configure your Service Desk for customers to submit tickets via Email. You could have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Setting+up+the+email+channel as well as https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Configuring+public+signup if you would like customer accounts to be created automatically via Email as well. Hope this might resolve some of your questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events