Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we connect JIRA Service Desk with multiple User Directories for user

Pramod Tripathi August 12, 2018

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to add multiple user directories. Is it possible to manage users for JIRA service desk for different project in same JIRA server ?

Please let me know if you have any information on that. 

2 answers

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2018

Hi @Pramod Tripathi,

welcome to this community.

It is no problem, to add multiple user directories to Jira. You can just add them on the User Directory page. By changing the order, you can configure, in which order this directory are accessed. 

For the second part of your question, I do not know, what exactly you want to know.

Pramod Tripathi March 27, 2019

Thanks for your reply.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2018

Hello,

You can connect Jira to multiple user directories. If there is the same user in both directories, then the user will be taken from the highest in the list directory.

When you define a project, you can set separate list of users  for this project a. This feature is not connected to the multiple user directory feature. You can set a separate list of users for a project, using a single user directory. You manage user access to project with project permission schemes. You would need to create a separate permission scheme for each project. You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-project-permission-schemes-868982875.html

Pramod Tripathi March 27, 2019

Hi Thanks for your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events