Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change the default settings of Request security on creating a JIRA Service Desk project?

tash_macnica December 10, 2015

I'd like to set "Only people on my customers list can raise a request" in Request security of the project Administration always on creating our service desk project to avoid our each customer to browse any other customer's project.

Can we change that default setting by ourselves?

2 answers

0 votes
tomas busby March 6, 2017

Hi i would like to also request this functionality. 

Currently when you create a new service desk project the default setting for Project Settings -> Request Security is set to "Only people with an account on this JIRA instance" 

This means that anyone with a JIRA account can view the project on the Service Desk browse all page. The users may not be able to view or create tickets but they can still see the project exists. This can show things like other clients support projects or internal project names that may be sensitive. 

Setting the Request Security option to "Only people on my customers list" restricts access to view to only people set in the Users and Roles section. I would like to be able to set this to be the default option for new SD projects as it is not always possible to rely on users to change this when the create a new project.

Kind Regards

Tom Busby 

0 votes
Girish.K January 2, 2016

Your description is not clear Mamoru.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events