Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Issue Detail View be edited for JIRA Service Desk

Aubrey August 10, 2017

When clicking on a request from a queue in JIRA service desk, the Issue Detail View appears. Can this view be modified? If yes, how?  

Basically, I want to do this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-the-issue-detail-view but for my service desk queue view

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aubrey August 16, 2017

Aha - I was in the right place, but this fact is what was throwing me off: 

System fields on View Issue screen — System fields on the default 'View Issue' screen (e.g. Summary, Security Level, Issue Type, etc.) are fixed. This means that they will always appear in the same place on the 'View Issue' screen, even if you configure the Screen to move them onto a separate tab. Custom fields of related to Dates and People will also appear in their fixed section of the view issue screen.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/defining-a-screen-881683608.html#Definingascreen-Addingascreen

Thank you for your help - thought I was going crazy there for a minute!

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

THat's right you can only move the custom fields around.  If you're happy with the answers, please mark this question as answered.

Cheers..

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2017

@Aubrey,

Yes. When you click on a specific issue in the queue it takes you to the issue view screen. that screen can be modified as described in the documentation. So the question becomes what do you want to do?

Example, if you want to add a field to that screen that already exists then simply go the project, project setting, screens, pick the Edit screen and edit it and add the field.

Aubrey August 11, 2017

I am able to edit the View and Edit issue screens no problem. What I cannot figure out is how to edit the Issue Detail view - the one with Details, Description, People, etc. (To answer your question, I need to reorder the fields)

The documentation refers to going to the Board > Configure to change this view. But since the queue is not a board, I do not have that option. Does that make sense? 

Here's the screen that I need to modify.

Queue View.png

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

Hi Aubrey,

That screen is the Issue View screen.  THe fields can be re-ordered by the project admin (or admin depending on your version).  THis is done in Project - Project Settings - Screens - then select the View Issue Screen and you can configure/move the fields around there.

Aubrey August 16, 2017

Do you mean this 'View Issue'? (The issue type in question is a Service Request, so I know I have that part right)viewissue.PNG

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

Yes

Aubrey August 16, 2017

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events