Can't create new automation rules in JIRA Service Desk

Art Gorena November 22, 2017

Hello,

I have created 3 rules previously through our automation in JIRA Service Desk.  I was trying to create a new rule and I noticed by selecting the Rule type and clicking next, nothing happens.  I can go back and edit the three rules that are currently running, but I cannot create any new rules.

We are using JIRA Service Desk 3.2.7 currently.

Thanks,

Art G.

5 answers

3 votes
Kaidee Support Team December 20, 2017

I also getting the very same error. I still can edit existing rule but can't create new rule.

2 votes
Dave Norton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2018

Hi folks! I discussed this problem with @Sujit Nair (who commented in this discussion) and we quickly uncovered this is a known problem when using IIS as your reverse proxy.

If you're using a IIS based reverse proxy, check out the Windows Event Logs - they should show an "illegal character" present in the URL. 

This KB article has the steps to resolve the problem - changing the site's web.config file should be enough to get it resolved.

It's also very possible you might be running into a different, yet similar bug which also produces error 400s on other pages - so if the KB article doesn't sort you out; it might be worth checking out if you're being affected by JRASERVER-64917 as well :)

Let us know how you go!

Cheers,
Dave
Senior Support Engineer (Sydney)

Alessandro Tondo September 19, 2018

You got it!

Thank you very much

Dave Norton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2018

Glad to hear that worked for you @Alessandro Tondo!

1 vote
Sverrir Tynes [Origo] March 9, 2018

We have the same problem with JSD 3.10.2 on JIRA Software 7.7.2.

Any suggestions? Automation is one of the most powerful features in JIRA Service Desk and it is not good experience that one can´t create new rules.

1 vote
Jan-Frederik Lulies February 12, 2018

Same here with Service Desk in JIRA v7.7.0.

Selecting "Automation" in the Project settings, "Add your first automation rule", 7 rules + Custom rule are selectable. But a click on "next" leads to a blank working area.

Would sure be great to have a solution.

Thanks

Jan

Sujit Nair April 18, 2018

Does Atlassian support have a fix for this?

Seems like this issue is impacting a lot of customers.

Thanks.

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
November 23, 2017

Hi, Art.
Since nothing is happening when you're proceeding with such a task, would you mind to open the developer tools of your web browser, ensure to select "network" and double check if you have an additional message when replicating this behavior? I'm asking for this just to ensure that we can try to isolate the point of failure of this behavior.

A nice option to try as well would be to create a fresh Service Desk project and see if the same behavior happens, so we can see if we can isolate this issue on the project itself or somewhere else.

Art Gorena December 11, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events