Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create linked issue with Jira Software

Micha de Roos December 3, 2019

Hi guys,

We have Jira Software and Jira Service Desk. When a ticket is created in the Service Desk portal, I want to move/copy or add that ticket to Jira Software so a developer can start working on it. 

I connected both apps with application links, the status is connected. But somehow I cannot move a ticket from Jira Service Desk to jira Software.

I also followed this tutorial https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver031/linking-issues-802165194.html#Linkingissues-Createanewlinkedissuefromanexistingissueinaservicedeskorbusinessproject 

But in this dialog window nothing from Jira Software is shown.

Please help me out!

Cheers,
Micha

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2019

Hi Micha,

I can see that you are looking to use the 'create linked issue' feature, but are unable to do so with separate Jira sites.  Unfortunately, the documentation you linked here is for Jira Server, not Jira Cloud.  You can see in the Cloud version of that same document there are some slightly different options here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/link-issues-together/

In Jira Cloud you can still create remote issue links for existing issues with other application linked Jira sites, but neither Jira Cloud nor Jira Server allow for you to create linked issues in remote Jira sites with the 'create linked issue' feature.  That specific feature is bound to only be able to create new linked issues in projects that exist in the same Jira site.

There is a feature request that seeks the ability to be able to create linked issues in other sites over in JRACLOUD-62177.  I would recommend watching/voting on that issue.  

I hope this helps to clarify the expectations of this feature.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events