Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create a Service Desk Project

Ian Walmsley September 26, 2017

2017-09-27 00:40:15,226 http-nio-8080-exec-11 ERROR ianwalmsley 40x450x1 1w5gj3u 10.70.160.10 /rest/project-templates/1.0/templates [c.a.p.r.c.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: An error occurred while notifying that a project was created
java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while notifying that a project was created
        at com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.DefaultProjectService.notifyHandlersOfProjectCreated(DefaultProjectService.java:397)
        at com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.DefaultProjectService.createProjectInternal(DefaultProjectService.java:379)
        at com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.DefaultProjectService.createProject(DefaultProjectService.java:349)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        ... 1 filtered
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at com.atlassian.plugin.util.ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.invoke(ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.java:26)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy578.createProject(Unknown Source)
        ... 3 filtered
        at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.bridge.external.HostComponentFactoryBean$DynamicServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(HostComponentFactoryBean.java:136)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy578.createProject(Unknown Source)
        at com.atlassian.jira.projecttemplates.service.ProjectTemplateServiceImpl.applyProjectTemplate(ProjectTemplateServiceImpl.java:173)
        at com.atlassian.jira.projecttemplates.rest.ProjectTemplatesResource.createProjectFromFormRequest(ProjectTemplatesResource.java:170)
        ... 3 filtered
        at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60)
        ... 12 filtered
        at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter$JerseyOsgiServletContainer.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:154)
        ... 1 filtered
        at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:68)
        ... 32 filtered
        at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.ExternalCustomerLockoutFilter.doFilter(ExternalCustomerLockoutFilter.java:56)
        ... 13 filtered
        at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)
        ... 53 filtered
        at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.lambda$doFilter$0(JiraSecurityFilter.java:66)
        ... 1 filtered
        at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.doFilter(JiraSecurityFilter.java:64)
        ... 16 filtered
        at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.servlet.RestSeraphFilter.doFilter(RestSeraphFilter.java:37)
        ... 19 filtered
        at com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.doFilter(CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.java:30)
        ... 5 filtered
        at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.lambda$invokeFilterChain$0(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:181)
        at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.util.context.ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.rteInvoke(ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.java:137)
        at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.util.context.ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.runOutOfContext(ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.java:90)
        at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.utils.context.CustomerContextServiceImpl.runOutOfCustomerContext(CustomerContextServiceImpl.java:65)
        at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.outOfCustomerContext(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:174)
        at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.doFilterImpl(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:130)
        at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.doFilter(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:121)
        ... 4 filtered
        at com.atlassian.jwt.internal.servlet.JwtAuthFilter.doFilter(JwtAuthFilter.java:32)
        ... 8 filtered
        at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)
        ... 4 filtered
        at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.LocationCleanerFilter.doFilter(LocationCleanerFilter.java:36)
        ... 26 filtered
        at com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.MetricsCollectorFilter.doFilter(MetricsCollectorFilter.java:25)
        ... 23 filtered
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

---------------------

New installation today. Non Service Desk Projects are working fine. Service desk Project wasn't working until I enabled the working hours plugin (found that link to fix).

Now when I attempt to create a Service Desk Project I get an error "Hmm... we couldn't create your project due to an unknown error. Try refreshing the page to start again." and above are the logs from that event.

2 answers

0 votes
Evanna McMahon October 23, 2018

I am having the same problem. Did you get it to work ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2017

This might sound a little odd, but could you check the template as you create the project and read the list of issue types it is going to try to use?

Compare the list with your list of issue types in admin -> issue types in plain Jira and look for the same issue types, and check that their names match in terms of case?

I've had similar errors when trying to create SD projects when it's trying to use an issue type of "Service Request" but the name of the issue type I've got in Jira was "Service request".

Ian Walmsley September 28, 2017

1eqHcZu - Imgur.png

It appears that every time I attempt to add a new Service Desk Project it's created them over and over.

Do I need to delete all these and try again? What's the best way to remove all these Service Desk entries?

Ian Walmsley September 29, 2017

image.png

I went thru and manually deleted all those issues types. However, still I get this message when attempting to create any IT Service Desk with any name.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events