Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add custom email account

Don J January 27, 2020

Hi,

I can't add a custom email account in Jira Service Desk. 

Nothing happens when clicking the three buttons in the bottom. 

I have tried multiple browsers with all extensions disabled but nothing happens. 

Any clues why? 

2020-01-27 14_40_06-IT support - Edit Request Type Group - Service Desk - Brave.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2020

Hello Don,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

This issue usually happens when we migrate from one instance to another. Not sure if that’s was your case, but to fix this we need to disable and enable the email requests.

Please, go to Project settings > Email requests > > Disable all email requests > Turn off and then it will show “Turn on email support”, so click on this button to enable it again.

Note that, disabling the email requests on a project won't affect other Jira Service Desk projects.

Also, there is a bug related to this as well where only people added to the group "Administrators" are able to add the custom email. 

If disabling and enabling the email channel doesn't work, you need to talk to your site administrator for them to add the group to your profile.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Don J January 28, 2020

Hi Angélica,

I just disabled and re-enabled the email support but I can't click the email buttons after. 

I don't really understand the workaround presented in the bug you sent me. 
My account is already added as administrator for this project. 

"Workaround

Include the agent as a Jira Administrator."

Best regards Don

image.png

image.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2020

Thank you for the details, Jon.

You are a project administrator and not an administrator of the instance.

With that said, a site admin of your site must go to Screenshot 2020-01-22_09-49-23-535.png > Administration > Users and add the group Administrators to your profile.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events