Can't See all Predefined Series - Reporting

Ruben July 5, 2017

Hello I'm using Service Desk 3.4.1 and i'm trying to run some reports on a Service Desk project I have. However the only series options i get are "Created and Resolved" which isn't enough, i don't have "Time to resolution (Avg.)" as suggested by the below article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver034/setting-up-service-desk-reports-875313900.html

Is there anyway to create my own series, or at least find out why the "time to resoltuion" avgerage "Series" isn't there? 

Its a report i would need to run and the reporting functionality of Jira Service Desk reporting seems limited without it.

4 answers

0 votes
Sam Neilson February 21, 2020

Can we create Predefined Series based on Organization field?

0 votes
Randy Roosekrans August 15, 2018

Glad that I found this thread. I am setting up my reports, and where some projects display the Time Metric series in the list others do not. All of my projects have the same metric configurations, so I'm stumped as to why they do not display the same drop-down options in the report setup. 

Yes.pngNo.png
Did anyone ever find other issues that might be causing this other than the SLA metrics values not being set?

0 votes
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2017

I'm having the same problem.  I'm using the Cloud version, and the only Series I see in custom reports are Created, Resolved, and Average rating.  

Ruben, did you find a solution for this? I assume it doesn't require the paid plugin mentioned above. 

Thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

i'm confused by this. I'm on cloud as well and here is what I see...

Service_Desk_and_Inbox.jpg

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2017

Jack, thanks for this screenshot!  It helped me figure out the problem: I did not have any metrics under SLAs.  I created a couple of metrics there, and sure enough, now they're included in the series dropdown for reports.  

It would be nice if there were a note on the report screen explaining that time metric series are pulled from SLAs...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

@Susan Ostreicher, great to hear!

@Ruben, can we get you pulled back into this thread. Would be good if we can make you whole too. I'm wondering if Susan's scenario is the same as yours?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2017

Ruben, if you add a new report and click Add a Series you should see Time to resolution as an option. Can you check that?

Ruben July 5, 2017

No we don't see that at all. these are the only options we see. 

Screenshot from 2017-07-05 14-49-32.png

Marcel Nick July 21, 2017

Ruben , in case you are using the Cloud version you could use the plugin for creating all your Service Desk charts.

Rasmuss Graaf January 15, 2018

Hi,

Is getting a plugin the only way to be able to append e.g.

"Created" vs. "Resolved" chart with a "Open" series?

Being able to create a custom series seems like a very basic feature that the support desk should be able to handle.

Like Ryan Brownell likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events