Can't Get Fields on My Create Issue Screen

I'm trying to get an "Organizations" field and a "Request Type" field to appear on my Create Issue screen.

As you see below, the fields are not appearing on the Create Issue screen and they are not available when the Configure Fields button is clicked:

Capture_1a.JPG

If I use "Where is my field," it shows that both fields should be present as shown below:

Capture_2a.JPG

Capture_3a.JPG

The screen is configured to display the fields as shown below:

Capture_4a.JPG

Any suggestions about how I can get the fields to appear?

2 answers

0 vote

What type is the custom field Organizations? If select, does it have options?

Neither "Organizations" nor "Request Type" is a custom field. They are both out of the box fields in Sevice Desk cloud.

0 vote

I suspect the Request Type and Organisations fields are the ones provided by Service Desk, so they apply on the front-end for customers, and not necessarily on the issue for plain JIRA users.

Oh yes, 3.3

They are the fields supplied by Service Desk. However, I'm wondering if what you suspect is actually the case since the "where is my field" test indicates that both fields should be present on the screen, and the configuration allows me to add the fields. 

Also, once an issue is created, the screen that shows the details for the issue does include these two fields. 

Right, I think Where is My Field is not JSD aware

Matt nails it - the fields are for requests so they don't appear on plain JIRA screens.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,151 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot