Can't Get Fields on My Create Issue Screen

Tony Pieri May 9, 2017

I'm trying to get an "Organizations" field and a "Request Type" field to appear on my Create Issue screen.

As you see below, the fields are not appearing on the Create Issue screen and they are not available when the Configure Fields button is clicked:

Capture_1a.JPG

If I use "Where is my field," it shows that both fields should be present as shown below:

Capture_2a.JPG

Capture_3a.JPG

The screen is configured to display the fields as shown below:

Capture_4a.JPG

Any suggestions about how I can get the fields to appear?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2017

I suspect the Request Type and Organisations fields are the ones provided by Service Desk, so they apply on the front-end for customers, and not necessarily on the issue for plain JIRA users.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

Oh yes, 3.3

Tony Pieri May 9, 2017

They are the fields supplied by Service Desk. However, I'm wondering if what you suspect is actually the case since the "where is my field" test indicates that both fields should be present on the screen, and the configuration allows me to add the fields. 

Also, once an issue is created, the screen that shows the details for the issue does include these two fields. 

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

Right, I think Where is My Field is not JSD aware

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2017

Matt nails it - the fields are for requests so they don't appear on plain JIRA screens.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2017

What type is the custom field Organizations? If select, does it have options?

Tony Pieri May 9, 2017

Neither "Organizations" nor "Request Type" is a custom field. They are both out of the box fields in Sevice Desk cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events