Can't Ctrl-C (copy) and Ctrl-V (paste) an image into a comment

Teresa Coakley April 20, 2018

Monday I was able to take a print screen and ctrl V it to paste it into my comment in my JIRA support desk requests. Starting on Tuesday, anytime I attempt to paste a print screen into a comment, it asks to upload and does not go on the comment for the customer to see the example or report a problem.

THIS IS NOT GOOD!! PLEASE ADVISE!

Thank you,
Teresa

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2018

Teresa,

Can you confirm your Jira Service Desk version and the browser version you are using?

Shannon

Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v7.4.1#74003-sha1:03b9948)

Windows 10 Microsoft EDGE - but I have tried in CHROME as well.

Also, I am trying to change my text color to show what a customer responded with and it is doing this: let's see{color:#59afe1} why isn't it changing color {color:#654982}colored text{color}{color}

It's as if all my features for formatting and copying and pasting screenshots has been jacked up or removed.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2018

Teresa,

For the first issue, we have a known issue in IE where pasting images doesn't work. I will share that below:

You mentioned that it won't go on the comment, but can you tell me exactly the behavior that occurs after it asks to upload? Do you see any errors in the logs that might tell us why that's happening?

For your 2nd issue, from what I understand is that your formatting is no longer working. I don't have any other users at the moment reporting the same issue, but can you confirm the following?

Regards,

Shannon

Aravindi Amarasinghe April 1, 2019

Hi @Shannon S  

Copy and Paste used to work in JIRA and why it stopped working all in sudden? Is there any reason? 

I am using JIRA v6.4.3 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2019

Aravindi,

How frustrating! As far as I am aware, there are no changes that should have caused copy and paste to stop working entirely.

My recommendation would be to see if you can figure out in what circumstances it doesn't work (such as browser, version, if it can be replicated across computers, users, etc.) and raise a new question here in Community.

That way we can help track down the issue for you.

Regards,

Shannon

Kim Malueg April 15, 2020

Shannon,

Our team has also noticed this behavior in the past few days. Here are the ways I've tried to copy and paste into a story:

* capture image with Snagit, copy image then Ctrl+V into story comments - this is how we've always done it and it suddenly stopped working

* capture image with Snagit, take into Photoshop, copy there then Ctrl+V into story comments - doesn't work

* capture image with Snagit and save, open in Photos, copy, Ctrl+V into store comments - doesn't work

Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2020

Hi Kim,

Thank you for following-up on this.

If this stopped working for you in the last few days, this might be a different cause and not the same as Teresa's, since this was back in 2018.

I'm really not familiar with the app Snagit, as I generally get my screenshots using the built-in functionality of macOS. You'll need to rule out Snagit and make sure the issue persists whether or not the image was created using Snagit. So, you can try pasting screenshots you made with your computer's built-in functionality instead, or by pasting another image from the web directly into comments.

Following that, make sure that the problem occurs from multiple locations, networks, browsers, and workstations. Disable all browser add-ons, and try in Incognito Mode, too.

If you continue having issues, and you're the administrator of your Cloud site, you can raise a new ticket with the Cloud Support team. We can have a look and see what might be causing that.

Note that if you're on a Cloud Free plan, you can raise a new question with us here. That will automatically link the Community Support team to your Cloud site details so we can  easily assist you from our end.

Thanks again, and let me know if you have any trouble!

Shannon

Like fredrik.froojd likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events