Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Assign Issue Types - Service Desk

Colleen Cottone June 12, 2019

I have 4 issue types I would like to use:

My Issue Types

I have the Request Types in Groups with the Issue Types in each one:

Request Types with Issue Types

I am unable to assign the Issue Type of "New Feature" to any issues.

No "New Feature" Option

Does this have to do with the fact that I have different Workflows for the different Issue Types?

Workflows per Issue Types

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2019

Likely yes. You would have to use the Move feature to move an existing issue to “new feature”. You will then want to adjust the Request Type to one appropriate for new feature.

Colleen Cottone June 12, 2019

But if I have two workflows with all of my issue types covered (split across the two workflows), why wouldn't I just be able to assign the correct issue type and Jira assigns the correct workflow? I shouldn't have to manually move the issue to the new issue type. Does this make sense?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2019

Because, depending on the details of the workflow, there may be some manual decision that must be made. Simple example - statuses. If you have an issue in say “pending” on on task but you don’t have pending on the other workflow what status should the issue be mapped to when changing the issue type and workflow? A human need to make such a decision.

Colleen Cottone June 13, 2019

Using the Move feature will work only as a workaround.  The statuses in the workflows are not identical. I thought this was the purpose of having multiple workflows in one project. They have all the same statuses except one Issue type has one additional approval step.

There is no other way to do this other than using Move to move the issue to the status I need from the second workflow? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events