Can one customise the form a customer sees after raising a request?

D OLongaigh September 16, 2020

Rolling out JIRA SDesk shortly at our site.

We have the desk more or less set the way we need and are close to GoLive.

We have a need though to customize the customer summary screen that the customer sees after submitting a REQ. For the life of me,  I cannot find an article on this specifically.

So when the customer creates the REQ he is taken to this summary screen with options on the right panel..   I am looking to add options on the panel such as a 'HOME' option.

I have looked through Screens etc - and just cannot see where this screen is defined.

Is it possible?

Tnx in advance.

D

Capture1.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2020

There are a few things that can be done on that screen. For example you can expose transitions on that screen that the customer can use to close an item cancel it escalated etc. i’m on sure what you mean by a home button. If you want the customer to be able to get back to the main screen they were already icon/links but will accomplish that. 
with that said there are certainly limitations on what you can do.

As I show in the capture - the summary page in my deployment appears to the the standard out-of-the-box JIRA offering...

So - I am struggling to see where you refer in your response to :  ".... there were already icons/links (but) will accomplish that .... " 

I can only see 1 clickable link that could bring a customer back to the servicedesk request page ...  

Capture2.PNG

But for a lot of my customers, that is not intuitive enough ... so was looking to place an explicit  ' BACK/HOME action' in the "actions" panel - that would be unambiguous - hence my question.  .....  So it seems I am out of luck - unless there is icons / links that you refer to that I cannot see...   could you elaborate plz...?

Tnx for helping

D

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2020

@D OLongaigh as per my knowledge this is not allowed and controlled by Atlassian. 

Ouch - I was hoping that wouldn't be the case .... 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events