Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can multiple people at the same customer company have access to whole company pool of requests?

Andrei Orekhov December 27, 2017

Hi all,

We are evaluating Jira as a possible replacement for our legacy integrated helpdesk/bug tracking/workflow system.

Our customers are large corporations and most of them have more than one person who submit and monitor requests to us. So it's crucial for us to be able to separately manage both customer companies and customer reps/users, link each rep to a company and allow some of the reps (not all!) to see/work with all requests from their company but see NO requests from other companies.

Is it possible with Jira Service Desk?

Best regards,

Andrei

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2017

Hello,

What do you mean by work with requests? They will be only filing requests (customers) and users from your company will be working with them(agents)? Customers can see the progress of their tickets on the portal and agents work in Jira. If so, you can group users in Organizations. Customers of the same organization can see all request from the organization but they can not see requests from other organizations. 

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for a fast reply.

By "work with requests" I meant seeing the progress of their requests and adding comments and/or attachments to their requests (via web interface or email) if the agent processing the request asks for details.

So basically, if I got you right, you call a customer company  an "organization" in Jira and an employee of the customer company a "customer/user"? Can work with that I guess..

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2017

Yes, I guess Organizations will make the trick for you. You can read more here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2016/09/group-customers-in-organizations

Thanks again - already found that document as soon as you cleared up the Jira terminology for me. Didn't see it before for some reason - must have been searching for wrong words)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events