Can jira servicedesk automatically roll over weekend holidays in sla calendar

Hi there, in Scotland we have our Xmas holidays where we are given two days off for Xmas/boxing day and again at New Year. If these happen to fall on a weekend date, they roll over to the Monday, etc.

Can this be automated within SLA Calendars, or do we have to manually add them in as a static 1-off holiday on the calendar each year when they fall on a weekend?

Thanks in advance,

Graeme

2 answers

Hi Graeme,

At the moment it is possible to add and configure your calendar.

Please take a look at this document at Service Desk SLAs

You can add calendar by navigating to Service Desk >> SLA >> Calendar 

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Sam smile

Hi there, yes I have set these up a couple of times. But it doesn't really answer my question.

It's not about how to setup the SLA or the calendar. But how the calendar handles rolling public holidays that fall at a weekend. I'd rather that the system be able to roll over the public holiday to the following Monday/Tuesday rather than have to manually do this and remember each year. 

One day I'll leave my post here (Lost likely) and no doubt the next guy won't be aware of this flaw in the system. So the SLA's will be out that year until/if they realise.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

784 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you